24 August 2009

Greetings from Bulgaria

Dear ALL,

My name is Vanya and I come from Sofia, Bulgaria. I am happy and grateful to do my first intensive steps with all of you in a sphere of work that is relatively new for me. Being an oral history trainer for both young people, teachers and adults, Intergenerational dialogue is important for me but I have never explored it deeper up to now. I am curious to learn and link it with what I already have as experiences.

The last five years I have worked for the regional office of dvv-international in South Easter Europe (SEE), based first in Sofia, Bulgaria and after that in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, where I was managing a History project ( http://www.historyproject.dvv-international.org ). The project inspires for better understanding and reconciliation in SEE through teacher trainings in interactive methods of handling the recent history of the Balkans.

I present and I am a member of the Association "Historian Club - Veliko Turnovo", this is the ogranization of the history teachers in the beutiful city of Veliko Turnovo. This group consists of highly reflective teachers doing innovative history teaching based on interdiciplinary approach and multiperspectivity approach.

Passionate about finding out more about making meaningful conncetions among people, generally the process of learning and how the past affects the present, I am eager to contribute to bringing the generations closer together as one of the keys for prosperous lives.

Wishing you joyful summer days and see you soon,

Vanya

No comments: